Saturday, March 4, 2017

Margaret (Peggy) Soplata


With much sadness we must announce the passing of Margaret (Peggy) Soplata. Walter (who passed away six years ago) and Margaret Soplata, from Newbury, OH, were the husband and wife team, along with their five children, that saved countless extremely rare warbirds and artifacts from the smelter. The warbird community owes them a debt of gratitude for saving these priceless collectables for us and future generations to enjoy. God Speed Walter and Margaret, now together again in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. My condolences to the Solpata family. Living only 12 odd miles away from the Aircraft Santuary I was always intrigued. I still remember the first time I went through the collection. One of Walter and Peggy's children guided me. I was in complete awe.the XP-82, the P-82B, F-86 Sabres, Vought F7U-3 Cutlass, FG-1D Corsair, XBT2D-1(prototype Skyraider), B-52A, P2V Neptune, RF-84F Thunderflash, YB-36! Etc... Plus aircraft parts, old radar units and even a few old cars! I asked if I could touch the aircraft and it was a real thrill to be able to lay hands on such rare birds! It was truely a experience I will never forget. My prayers go out to the Soplata family and a thank you for saving these wonderful aviation treasures for future generations.

    ReplyDelete